Eel-Infested Waters

"Probably just some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night..through...eel-infested waters." The Princess Bride

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My music is...

I am responding to what my dad sent to me the other day...a pseudo meme about music it goes a little bit like this:

What is the volume of music files on your computer?
Er... I'll have to look for that one now because I really haven't the slightest clue....(I'll be right back)....
....okay I'm back and the total is 221MB, not a lot.

The last CD I bought was...
Kendall Payne: Grown
She is an independent folk-rock artist (they apparently call that "alternative rock" nowadays, huh) who is also a Christian and that very much comes through in her songs. She had an album released on Capitol records in 1999 entitled Jordan's Sister (check Amazon or Half.com) but was bumped but continues to put forth good stuff. I particularly like Rollercoaster (track 2) and have a fondness for track 11 entitled Aslan. :) She is really talented you should check her website out!
To that I'll add the last CD I downloaded (and purchased thank you!) Cara Dillon: Sweet Liberty
Cara is an Irish folk singer who has a beautiful voice! This is her second album and it is quite pleasant. I am not as familiar with this one yet because the download process took a week (one word for you: Roadrunner or is that really two words?), but I think I am going to like it a lot.

Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
I listen to these a lot:
"Remember When it Rained" by Josh Groban (my favorite of all his songs, but I can listen to his albums on repeat for days)
"Young James" and "Polly" by Kate Rusby another great traditional folk artist--I'm counting this as one
"Home" from Beauty and the Beast on Broadway
To round out the list two songs that mean a lot to me:
"Heavenly Sunlight" of course!
"A Change in Me" Beauty and the Beast on Broaday

What is the last thing you listened to? Cara Dillon: Sweet Liberty

And I am going to add to what I was sent and put....

My favorite albums in no particular order

U2 the 80s greatest hits
Hanson: This Time Around and Underneath (you would be surprised, my friend)
Kate Rusby: Underneath the Stars and 10
Josh Groban: Anything, honestly he could sing the phone book or the Reader's Digest Bathroom Reader and I'd be hooked.
Beauty and the Beast the Original Broadway Cast Album
Bethany Dillon
Nichole Nordeman: Woven and Spun
Norah Jones: Come Away with Me
Mindy Smith: One Moment More
Lucia Micarelli: Music from a Farther Room
Sarah McLachlan: Surfacing
Strong Bad Sings and other type hits (check him out at homestarrunner.com)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home